Building Inspections

Once the permit is approved, paid, and displayed on the job site, work may begin on the project. It is the responsibility of the contractor to call for all required inspections. Requests for inspections must be made at least four (4) hours in advance and may be made in person or by phone. The permit number must be supplied for all scheduling requests. The contractor and/or owner will be held accountable for any work done without an inspection by the City of Osage Beach or the Osage Beach Fire Protection District, if applicable.

The Building Department conducts building inspections Monday - Friday during normal business hours. The inspectors' schedules are as follows:
  • For afternoon inspections, call BEFORE 12 PM of same day
  • For calls made AFTER 12 PM, the inspection shall be scheduled the following business morning


Commercial and Residential Inspections

  • Concrete - BEFORE placing any concrete - Footings, Foundations, Walls, Floors, Driveways, Sidewalks, etc.
  • In-ground Plumbing - BEFORE covering pipe
  • In-ground Electric - BEFORE backfill is placed upon secondary lines, BEFORE backfill but AFTER 3" cap for primary lines
  • Electric Meter - Consists of TWO inspections; One for Temporary, One for Permanent (Contractors responsibility to call Ameren UE for service, 1-800-552-7583)
  • Water and Sewer Inspections - BEFORE covering any part and AFTER APPROVED Site Development Plan
  • Final Water and Sewer Inspections - Water: BEFORE Meter Unlock; Sewer: AFTER recorded easements & pump numbers have been provided to the City
  • FINAL INSPECTION - BEFORE use or occupancy - Approved Water and Sewer Service is required for a Certificate of Occupancy (CO)
  • See Information on Required Inspections for additional information

Certificate of Occupancy

Following an approved final inspection, a Certificate of Occupancy shall be issued. A building/structure erected shall not be used or occupied in whole or in part until the final inspection has been approved by the Building Department per City Ordinance.